Paul Stanley Over the Flu; KISS Announces New York Takeover for Final Two Shows
Paul Stanley is feeling much better after his battle with the flu and ready to wrap up the KISS farewell tour with a New York takeover.
“It’s good to be standing up,” the KISS guitarist told fans during a sound check Saturday (Nov. 25) in Indianapolis.
“I’ve done shows with cracked ribs, I’ve done shows with a 102 fever,” he told the crowd, adding of his recent illness, “I was wondering if it was my time.”
Stanley’s illness forced KISS to cancel shows in Canada, as well as Knoxville, Tennessee. The tour is set to wrap with two nights at New York’s Madison Square Garden on December 1 and 2.
To celebrate this historic moment for the most merchandisable band of all time, various takeover activations and experiential events are scheduled across a 5-day period. KISS, in partnership with Bravado, Universal Music Group’s industry-leading merchandise and brand management company, have carefully curated and developed these events to pay tribute to the band’s deep legacy and history with New York City.
“We’re thrilled to be performing our final shows at MSG since the band originated in New York City over 50 years ago. We are thankful for our long legacy of fans, the KISS Army, and excited to be celebrating through these activations,” said KISS.
The takeover will kick off on November 29th with the following activations:
● KISSTORE POP-UP (11/30-12/3) – This immersive KISS experience which will feature memorabilia, apparel, accessories and collectible items from partnerships with Ed Hardy, Oxford Pennant, Trick or Treat Studios, Funko and exclusive KISS popup store merchandise. Located blocks away from MSG at 248 West 37th Street, New York, NY 10018.
● KISS NYC Takeover Google Map– An immersive Interactive map, built in partnership with Google Maps Platform, will let fans easily locate the KISS activation spots pinned throughout the city – Link HERE
● KISS Metro Cards – Penn Station and Herald Square Station will have 50,000 limited-edition KISS branded metro cards available for purchase starting Monday, 11/27.
● New York Rangers ‘KISS’ Game Night at MSG (11/29 @ 7:30pm ET) – The Rangers match-up against the Detroit Red Wings will feature special KISS-themed activities and limited-edition KISS x Rangers merchandise.
● New York Post Activation (11/29-12/1) – Find the KISS branded trikes and brand ambassadors passing out commemorative newspaper wraps and custom KISS cookies.
● Penn Station Digital Ads (11/30-12/2) – KISS’s branded digital adverts will run throughout the area.
● KISS Taxi Fleet (11/30) – One of a kind KISS wrapped taxis will be driving throughout the city.
● Taxis Digital Ads – 800+ taxis will feature KISS digital tops and special KISS TTV content.
● Peloton – KISS is Peloton’s newest Artist Series with classes on the Bike, Tread, Row and App dropping on the Peloton platform November 30th.
● Prince Street Pizza – KISS-themed pizza & collectible KISS pizza box available with all orders of KISS pizza.
● Inked NYC (12/1-12/2) – Complimentary KISS flash tattoos will be available from 11am – 7pm and face painting from 1pm – 5pm at Inked NYC, located at 150 W. 22nd St.
● RIPNDIP – Exclusive KISS x RIPNDIP merchandise will be available for purchase at the RIPNDIP NYC store at 620 Broadway beginning 11/29.
A complete list of dates can be found at kissonline.com.