Max Weinberg’s Jukebox, Jorma Kaukonen, Announced for Blu Grotto Concert Series
E Street Band drummer Max Weinberg is set to make two socially distant concert appearances at the Count Basie’s ‘Concerts in the Garden’ series at the Blu Grotto, Sept. 24 and 25 in Oceanport, NJ.
Max Weinberg’s Jukebox show engages the audience in what is described as “a truly interactive concert experience”. The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer invites his fans to create the set list in real time and his crack four piece group plays the songs on demand. Fans are given the opportunity to choose from a video menu of over 200 songs – everything from the Beatles to The Rolling Stones to Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band’s biggest hits.
Jorma Kaukonen-an American blues, folk, and rock guitarist who performed with Jefferson Airplane still performs regularly on tour with Hot Tuna, which started as a side project with bassist Jack Casady, and as of early 2019 has continued for 50 years. He will bring his solo show to the Blu Grotto on Sept. 20.
Kaukonen has been busy in quarantine, and performed a virtual performance in April from the Fur Peace Ranch.
ABOUT THE CONCERTS IN THE GARDEN EXPERIENCE AT BLU GROTTO:
- Tables will be positioned 6’ apart, with the front row of tables 12’ from the performers.
- Tickets will be sold in “Table For Two,” “Table For Four” and “Table For Six” configurations only.
- Tickets include a dining reservation, with service and seating beginning two hours prior to showtime. Dinner and drinks are sold separately.
- $20 minimum food / beverage spend required. Menus for Concerts In The Garden events can be found here.
- Patrons must wear masks while entering the venue or leaving their table to use the restroom.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door by a Monmouth Park EMT. Patrons with a body temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter. A refund will be issued.
- Fans must remain seated at their purchased table.
- Dancing will not be permitted.
- Lawn chairs, blankets, pets, food or beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes or any other vaping devices.
- Venue security will enforce ground rules, which will follow current CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines for outdoor events and dining.
- In the event of inclement weather, an alternate date will be announced.
- Free, onsite parking is available.