Top 12 Financial Resolutions You Should Make for 2023
Are you making a New Years Resolution this year?
A recent survey by Wallethub.com discovered that only one in 3 Americans are planning to make finance-related. Only 31% of people making a resolution are thinking about financial decisions focused on actually saving money. Half of Americans do not have a rainy-day fund, according to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, so making a resolution to save money should top your resolutions, the website advises.
To help with this, Wallethub took the initiative and made some resolutions for you.
Take a look:
12 Financial Resolutions for 2023
- Save more money
- Repay 20% of your credit card debt
- Improve your WalletScore
- Fight back against inflation
- Make a realistic budget & stick to it
- Pay bills right after getting your paycheck
- Use different credit cards for everyday purchases & debt
- Get an A in Financial Literacy
- Sign up for credit monitoring
- Make sure you have enough insurance for a catastrophe
- Focus on physical health, given its strong connection to financial health
- Look for a better job