Six Flags Launches Search for Zombies, Goblins and Fright Fest Scare Actors
Summer is still in full swing, but Six Flags Great Adventure is already gearing up for Halloween searching for the ghouls and goblins that will haunt the park during Fright Fest.
The Jackson theme park will host a series of hiring events from July 30 through Aug. 13 to find talent for more than 200 scare actor, FX makeup, technician, costuming and greeter positions for the fall season. Fright Fest will commence Sept. 16 to Oct. 31 and the park is looking for those with a passion for Halloween, live theater and scaring.
Fright Crew Positions Available:
· Scare Actors/Ghouls: Deliver scares in indoor and outdoor haunted houses. Previous acting experience a plus but not required. Must be at least 16 years of age.
· Special FX Makeup Artists: Transform actors into monsters. Professional makeup education and airbrush experience preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Greeters/Ambassadors: Help facilitate guests in haunted houses and theaters. Previous experience a plus but not required. Must be at least 16 years of age.
· Entertainment Technicians: Assist with lighting, sound and special effects. Some experience preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Costuming: Coordinate and organize scare actor costumes. No experience necessary. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Hiring Dates & Auditions:
July 30 at 11:30 am and 1:30 pm: Scare actor/ghoul auditions
July 31 at 2:30 and 4:30 pm: Scare actor/ghoul auditions
Aug. 5 & 6 at 5:30 pm: Hiring Event for all Fright Crew Positions & Auditions for Ghouls and Makeup Artists
Aug. 12 & 13 at 5:30 pm: Hiring Event for all Fright Crew Positions & Auditions for Ghouls and Makeup Artists
How to Apply:
First, apply online at www.sixflagsjobs.com, select Six Flags Great Adventure, More Opportunities, and select from “Fright Fest Ghoul,” “Entertainment Technician,” and “Entertainment/Events Ambassador” (greeter and costumer) or “Special FX Makeup Artist”. Then, join one of the park’s open hiring dates and/or auditions. Appointments are not required. Auditions required for scare actor and makeup artist positions; interviews required for all other Fright Crew positions. Hiring dates will be added to the events calendar for late August, and online applications are welcome anytime.