Sea. Hear. Now. Festival Arrives in Asbury Park This Weekend: What to Know
Fans attending the Sea. Hear. Now festival in Asbury Park this weekend (Sept. 17-18) will be treated to two days of music with headliners Green Day, Stevie Nicks, Boy George and Culture Club, Wet Leg, Cage the Elephant and more stretching out over three stages.
The festival will run across the Surf Stage, Sand Stage and Park stages at North Beach Asbury Park and Bradley Park. Other major acts include My Morning Jacket, Gary Clark Jr., The Head and the Heart, IDLES, Courtney Barnett, Tai Verdes, Skip Marley, Michael Franti and Spearhead, with local bands Dogs in a Pile, Dentist and more rounding out the lineup. The ocean will be busy as well with surfers Cory Lopez, Sam Hammer and Cassidy Mclain taking part in the North Beach Rumble surf competition.
For the 2022 festival, Audible Inc. will be on site with Audible’s Surf Shack Experience, which will include an outdoor lounge seating area, listening stations for Audible’s Words + Music franchise, and exclusive screen-printed merchandise. Attendees can select their merch design and have it live printed on a tee, bandana, or tote bag.
Returning this year is the Transparent Clinch pop-up art gallery, featuring art up for sale by this year’s festival performers.
In addition, Hendrick’s Gin will have special drinks available just for the festival, including:
- Cucumber Lemonade: Hendrick’s Gin, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup, Soda Water
- Neptunia Fizz: Hendrick’s Neptunia Gin, Fresh Lime, Simple Syrup, Soda Water
- Cucumber Mule: Hendrick’s Gin, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Ginger Beer
In addition, the festival is advising fans not to “Put on or tighten” your wrist bands until you arrive at the festival gates:
Additional information prior to entry:
2022 OVERALL BAG POLICY:
ALL bags will be searched before entry.
- Small clutch purses and fanny packs that are 4.5″ x 5.5″ or smaller do not need to be clear but can have no more than one pocket.
- All other bags must be fully clear and made up of clear plastic, vinyl, or pvc, and be no larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″ ONLY. Bags will be restricted to small purses, totes and drawstring bags only. Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets are prohibited.
- Hydration packs are allowed and do not need to be clear but must be emptied of all liquid and have no more than two pockets in addition to the one holding the water reservoir.
- To speed up entry, leave your bags at home, and take advantage of the No Bag Express Lanes.
LIQUIDS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED THROUGH SECURITY CHECKPOINTS. Empty water bottles (plastic or aluminum) or hydration packs are allowed but must be emptied of all liquid and have no more than two pockets in addition to the one holding the water reservoir.
FOR A FULL LIST OF ALLOWED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS, VIEW HERE.