Munsters Star Butch Patrick to Appear at Six Flags Fright Fest Coffin Challenge
Munsters star Butch Patrick--famed for his portrayal of Eddie Munster–will make a live appearance at the Six Flags 30-Hour Coffin Challenge as part of Fright Fest Oct. 13 and 14.
Six contestants will compete in the challenge at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ, for a grand prize of $600, two Six Flags Gold Passes and two Fright Fest Haunted Maze passes.Runners up will receive items ranging from Fright Fest day passes to season passes.
To win, all contestants must eat all of their meals in the coffin, and endure surprise visits from Fright Fest freaks and live critters like snakes, spiders and skunks. Scores will be tabulated throughout the event.
Interested? Applications are open until Sept. 22 at www.sixflags.com/
Highlights of this year’s Coffin Challenge include:
- Fully-covered coffin lid with just a small mesh hole for that ultra-claustrophobic feeling;
- Games that include live bugs, pungent food items and trivia to earn points, penalties and a “Get Out of the Coffin” card;
- Fewer bathroom, stretch and phone breaks – coffin dwellers will only be permitted to leave the coffin once for 13 minutes every three hours to use the restroom or their phones;
- Sleep deprivation with Yacht Rock and songs like “Baby Shark” on repeat during overnight hours;
- Applications accepted from individuals and pairs who want to conquer the event together; and
- Guest emcee Butch Patrick, who starred as Eddie in The Munsters, will host challenges, The Munsters trivia and the Raising from the Dead Ceremony for any survivors on Oct. 14