Wonder Bar Announces 2019 Yappy Hour Schedule
The Wonder Bar in Asbury Park is kicking off the summer season a little early with the grand opening of its most popular event: Yappy Hour!
Grab your best friend and head out tomorrow (April 6) from Noon until 7 p.m. at the Wonder Bar’s outdoor Yappy Deck (1213 Ocean Avenue, Asbury Park). The Yappy Hour’s grand opening is open to guests and their dogs to enjoy treats and beverages (for the humans, of course!) while benefiting the Asbury Boardwalk Rescue.
The bar is rolling out the red carpet this year with updated treats and features, including twelve swimming pools for dogs, an agility course and even a special time out area for those dogs who need a space to unwind or spend some time with their owner getting used to the fun. There will be an entrance fee on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Memorial Day Weekend until September, with proceeds benefiting the rescue group for special events and on the remaining dates,the Asbury Boardwalk Rescue—a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing care for the homeless animals of Asbury Park and the surrounding area.
The bar will also bring back popular fundraising events supporting the Monmouth County SPCA and other organizations with Bullypalooza and Pugapalooza returning in April and May.
The grand opening will feature food and drink specials for guests 21 and up, and the event will also be selling Yappy Hour 2019 season passes for $60.00. Sundays in the summer will feature outdoor live acoustic bands on the Yappy deck.
Here is the schedule:
April and May Hours:
Monday, 4pm – 7pm – Small Dogs Only
Friday, 4pm – 8pm – All Sized Dogs
Saturday/Sunday, Noon – 7pm – All Sized Dogs
June – September:
Monday, 4pm – 8pm – Small Dogs Only
Tuesday, 4pm – 8pm – All Sized Dogs
Wednesday, 4pm – 8pm – Small Dogs Only
Thursday/Friday, 4pm – 8pm – All Sized Dogs
Saturday/Sunday, 12pm – 8pm – All Sized Dogs
Wonder Bar’s schedule of events benefiting various animal rescues includes ($5 admission for all benefits unless otherwise noted):
- April 6-7 Yappy Hour Seasonal Grand Opening Weekend, Noon-7pm $5 admission benefiting Asbury Boardwalk Rescue
- April 13 Bullypalooza 1-4pm (rain date April 20) benefitting the MidAtlantic Bulldog Rescue, $10 admission
- April 20 Pitties and Pals Rescue Benefit
- April 27 Monmouth County SPCA Benefit
- April 28 Associated Humane Society Tinton Falls Benefit
- May 4 Pugapalooza: Main Event, 1-5pm $10 admission
- May 5 Pugapalooza: Pug Brunch and “Pink Pug Promenade”, 11am-2pm
- May 11 Rescue Ridge Benefit
- May 12 Marty’s Place Rescue for Senior Dogs Benefit
- May 18 Husky House Benefit
- May 19 Skyland Sanctuary Benefit
- May 25 Asbury Boardwalk Rescue Benefit
- May 26 Little Paws Dachshund Rescue Benefit
- June 1 Wag On Inn Rescue Benefit
For more information about Yappy Hour, including weather updates, events and other details, please visit https://www.facebook.com/WonderBarYappyHour/.