Rob Acampora Presents: The “Heat” List–Songs For Our Summer Heat Wave!
So it’s finally happened! We have hit July and the Heat has settled in! 3 straight days in the 90s, and the rest of this holiday week should stay in the low to mid 80s!
Appropriately The List–courtesy of our very own Rob Acampora of the Rob and Wendy morning show– is back with songs that will bring the Heat — in the title, in the lyrics, and in one case in the name of the band!
“I had to find a way not to be completely gone during vacation, so here this comes and make sure you have a cool drink to wash this down with!” says Rob, no doubt listening to 107.1 The Boss from the beach!
These 15 songs were rock hits at some point, and should keep the sweat going for a while longer!
1) Asia — Heat of The Moment (and the moment is now!)
2) The Power Station — Some Like It Hot (“and some sweat when the heat is on”)
3) Glenn Frey — The Heat Is On (I just said that didn’t I?)
4) Loverboy — Hot Girls In Love (“She’s turning on the Heat…”)
5) Linda Ronstadt — Heat Wave (oh yeah this is happening)
6) Def Leppard — Rock of Ages (“I’m Burnin’, Burnin’ …. I’ve got the fever!”)
7) Foreigner — Hot Blooded (that fever is 103)
8) AC / DC — Highway To Hell (now there’s some non-stop Heat!)
9) Van Halen — Hot For Teacher (different kind of heat)
10) Blue Oyster Cult — Burnin’ For You (burn it out day and night)
11) Bruce Springsteen — I’m On Fire (he is the Boss, we are 107.1 The Boss!)
12) Bob Seger — Like A Rock (“sweating in the sun”)
13) Bryan Adams — In The Heat of The Night (trend coming here)
14) Billy Idol — Hot In The City (“on a Hot summer night!”)
15) Meatloaf — You Took The Words ….. (again, “on a Hot summer night”)
(BONUS TRACK) anything from the Red Hot Chili Peppers (see, they’re Red Hot! Get it?)