Rob Acampora of the Rob and Wendy 1071 The Boss Morning Show Presents The List: ‘Love’ Songs for Valentines’ Day
On this day of hearts, flowers, candy, romantic dinners and lighter wallets, The New 107.1 The Boss wishes you a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Creating a soundtrack for this day was going to be tough with all the Classic Rock songs that do set a tone with love and romance, so The List has one key word for 2 dozen songs — Love.
You’ll see that all of these songs have “Love” in the title or lyrics. Some of these songs on The List are oozing with emotion, some just flat out rock, and a few you may have forgotten about.
In attempting to keep a positive vibe for today Love Stinks by J. Geils Band, I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett, I Used To Love Her by Guns ‘N Roses and You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi were not included in The List but are recognized for those who are Valentine-less.
Now indulge in this version of The List — not as satisfying as chocolate but worth the experience:
1) Queen — Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Ready Freddie!)
2) Foreigner — I Wanna Know What Love Is (many wanted to show Lou Gramm back in the day)
3) Fleetwood Mac — You Make Loving Fun (as oppose to making love painful? That may be another List for another time)
4) Whitesnake — Is This Love (it’s that or the flu maybe)
5) Eddie Money — I Think I’m In Love (it’s that or the flu maybe)
6) Bad Company — Feel Like Making Love (as Austin Powers would say …. Yeah Baby!)
7) The Beatles — All You Need Is Love (Love is all you need!)
8) Peter Gabriel — In Your Eyes (first word in the song is Love)
9) Van Halen — When It’s Love (it’s something you feel …. nothing’s missing)
10) Billy Joel — Just The Way You Are (that is how he Loves you)
11) Journey — Open Arm (“What your Love means to me”)
12) REO Speedwagon — Keep On Loving You (the only thing they wanna do!)
13) The Cure — Love Song (heading into the Rock ‘N Roll Hall of Fame …. Love that!)
14) The Eagles — Best of My Love (the worst of my love would be a break up right?)
15) Scorpions — Still Loving You (global hit that sold over 2 Million copies in ’82)
16) Bruce Springsteen — Tunnel Of Love (cannot be The Boss and ignore him!)
17) Tesla — Love Song (“Love is gonna find a way”)
18) Huey Lewis and The News — The Power of Love (curious isn’t it?)
19) Pete Townsend — Let My Love Open The Door (“to your heart”)
20) Steve Winwood — Higher Love (there must be that!)
21) Tears For Fears — Sowing The Seeds of Love (went to #2 on the Billbord chart in ’89)
22) Led Zeppelin — Whole Lotta Love (every inch of Love!)
23) Cheap Trick — If You Want My Love (“you got it”)
24) B 52’s — Love Shack (good place to stop, baby!)